Wednesday, December 23

#61 The Widow

courtesy patcegan.wordpress.com 


And I have loved you...
for more than half of my life;
you’ve had all my tears
and all my frustrations,
you’ve heard all of my joys, 
all my deepest contemplations.
You have lent your smile
to the faces of our children
you’ve gifted them
your wit and
uncanny rebellion against
the woes of their own generation.
You’ve led me to heights
also through the lowest of places
unseen by judging folk
who never had tried their own cases
and it was bearable...
because I did it all with your hand
holding mine
bound by these silver thread laces
that kept me out of the way of 
fate and her serendipitous plan...
Now I feel lost
since part of my destiny flew
with the wings
you were given
to release you into the only journey
we’d both
together
never knew; 
and
resting my hand on the pillow
where your head once lay
I earnestly pray also to be taken away
for the solemn sighs I echo
are close yet few between
and they precipitate into
shadows that seep into my dreams
where your colourful laughter
exceeds my reality’s hues
and I remain still;
yet still
loving 
only 
you.
  My Inspiration: Loved Ones

 




© KohylahPiper 2015

No comments :

Post a Comment

Join me on twitter...

Think on these things...Selah

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks