Saturday, February 6

#80 Unlikely Healer

courtesy: listverse.com




I had let your toxin
become absorbed into
my skin
cut but unaware
I continued Living 
not realizing
that everyday
my veins fought
against
your slow poison
culminating
in attacks of numbness
to the chest
pains of despair
unshakable duress
till the antidote
found me
the most unlikely of faces
the most unlikely of sources
the most unlikely of tastes
incompatible with my frame
but held in his words
life
littered with curses
but gentle beneath
its stubborn cries
So different this method
of healing
yet it opened up my eyes
it rid me of your poison
and brought me from
lingering stagnancy to new life
through the most unlikely of faces
the most unlikely of sources
the most unlikely of tastes
but I’ll thank him
for showing me
that I had been dying
through the aftershocks of your rage,
that stemmed from your own inadequacies,
the poison of your distaste.



# SELAH




My Inspiration:  Late Afternoon Phone Conversations
 




© KohylahPiper 2016

No comments :

Post a Comment

Join me on twitter...

Think on these things...Selah

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks