Friday, October 30

#36 .Dragon.

courtesy: Wordpress Blog Random_Michelle



Your personality for centuries…
eons of time
have confused many
in between choosing a side.
Are you the terror unleashed
from the
thrones of the sky
Or
are you the friend of the broken
using your wings
to protect the persons
for whom you have true affection?

You met me as a child
days not so long a go
you approached me softly
your mannerisms mild
and golden eyes aglow;
you were attentive to the
words I had to say
then patiently waited
till I felt brave enough
to climb onto your
scaly fortress,
and then we flew away.

I have never forgotten that night
when they appeared
with their bows, arrows
axes and spears
You hid me behind your rock
as they launched their attack
their leader meaning
to sacrifice my flesh to
win his crown back.
You never once cowered
under their blows,
then you opened your mouth
and let out a cry, deep and low
that
compelled lightning
to light up the skies
and out poured flames of anger
heat flushing my face
soon after, I saw …
only their ashes remained.

Years later you are by my side
helping me lead a rebellion
against the same tyrants
that had wished me
forgotten.
This time things are different,
the child’s heart now sees
with the eyes of a strong man
who has pieced himself together
through past defeats
have converted themselves
into acts of redemption

And you remain…
 forever in my background
keeping my paths lit
swooping in for the rescue
If per chance my journey runs amiss
How grateful I am to watch
you glide above my head;
always quiet, sincere
never leaving me alone
.Dragon.
Or
angel?
No one will ever know.
But your fiery breath has become
safest place that I’ve ever known.



 
My Inspiration: Photo Prompt by Random_Michelle 
 




© KohylahPiper 2015
 





 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Join me on twitter...

Think on these things...Selah

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks