Saturday, August 29

#11 Phantom Limb

 courtesy: Gry Poulson


Gone

but not forgotten

It’s been a while…

But lately it feels like

you were lost to me

all of a sudden.

Nerves disjointed

shooting terror

where

nothingness lived

experiencing movements

from a mirage drawn

out of a fatal error

from…within,

claiming that

this distorted member

of my supposed making

was still

a part of me

and tragically

though unseen,

was

furthermore

yet living…



It was

never advertised

preemptively

that you would

only spend

this short while

with me

before you

left quietly

disappearing

as if you were

never even here

irrespective

of the memories

that coloured my tears

into tranquilizers

that couldn’t heal me

or my cares

but just sedate

every sharpened wince

of hurt

that prodded inside

raging all the more

after the effects

were spent…

on the after effects

of the fact that you had left.



Disoriented

in the

continuing aftermath

they said

would eventually end

useless…

their comments

baseless

based on your absence

in the space

where I knew

you had once

been

tiptoeing around

my strain

everyone stretching

themselves thin

because of my

dim understanding

that this sensation

was a farce

created to shield

the most breakable of my

disheveled parts

which were intimately

connected through my grieving.



But

I knew what was real

Though I never did tell

I knew what was real

when the sweat broke

from my brow

and spilled into

five turned fifteen

turned infinite

minutes from hell.

I knew what was real…

but acceptance

was too unkind

That’s why

I’d rather

believe this illusion

in order to

be close

to you.

One last time.

#SELAHSATURDAYS

 My Inspiration: The Women
 





© KohylahPiper 2015



No comments :

Post a Comment

Join me on twitter...

Think on these things...Selah

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks