Friday, August 14

#1 Paradise.Lost



courtesy: Jova Mickovic
    Epiphany came to my door in the softest of rains,
but her drops never even fell to the earth 
instead they were carried away
with the eastern winds
in between my heart and the pain,
that had managed to survive in conditions of
perpetual drought
and had taken away
any chance of being fruitful
  methodically stripping my core to
everything else except
what it once had been
.beautiful.
Now wearing the style
of the despised...
Cracking earth
Dried up leaves
The scent of weariness
in between the labyrinth
of knowledge and defeat
Summer's curse
had done more than its best
and with flailing waves,
contentment inverted itself
into a casual state
of deep unrest
and in the brightest light
of the noonday sun
the coves that shaded
the mysteries of the
sandy shores within the mind
gave up its duty
and became submerged below the tides
and a singular thought emerged
amongst the scattered
memories of moonlight
  blitzed by an incandescent mist
barely whispering that...
Paradise isn't just the place,
it’s the person you share it with.

 The Inspiration:  Light showers of rain in the early afternoon.




     

#SelahSaturdays




© Kohylah Piper 2015


3 comments :

  1. So many words are rushing to my hands right now ...I don't know which one to type first lol. Let me start with how happy I am you are on here. Omg.....excited much.......and let me give you a standing ovation for that piece just now. .loved it......felt it.... right there with you on the imagery. ....I'm hoping to see the drawing that goes along with this..... I can see it now...the k piper studio ☺☺☺☺. Girl loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks Glo coming from a soul such as yourself you know it means a lot... sorry for the foreday morning tweet though...(insomniac vibes) :D *big hug*

      Delete
  2. Insomniacs welcomed. Think I should form an insomniac united. No apologies needed... I was up anyway. Comes with the territory

    ReplyDelete

Join me on twitter...

Think on these things...Selah

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks