Wednesday, August 19

#4 Canonized Sonnet

I found you on a low hillside
under the moving shadows of a flamboyant’s wide branches.
You were writing poetry to the wind
and curious at your ramblings,
 it gazed upon your honesty  so long
eventually it adjusted its movement
to match your verses,
tattooing themselves through streaming rays
that as I came closer rested over my face
 in lines that illuminated pieces of me
that became my acquaintances for the very first time.
Perceiving you were no longer alone
you lifted your hands to quiet
the rhythmic notes of your voice,
sounds that captured legacies no pen could ever write
and suddenly I was afraid
that you’d refuse to let those verses move
the way they did
without my presence, carefully hid.
I was afraid
because
that was exactly the part
of your being I wanted you to share,
that part you left unmentioned
hanging between our mutual fears.
So I placed my hands over your palms,
hardly,
barely touching
and lowered them to the valley’s floor
with my own frail song.
I was alone for seconds that felt like forever
but then you lifted your voice once more
smiling,
then we wrote a song together.
Those canonized sonnets are still held by the wind
their depths  surrounded  by meadows
ever-blooming,
and when the flamboyant leaves fall softly
and its shadows fade away
the moment we captured there will always stand still,
echoing our first harmony with no end
in remembrance of  valley that found our spirits
a true lover and friend.

My Inspiration: The Flamboyant Tree
 




© KohylahPiper 2015

No comments :

Post a Comment

Join me on twitter...

Think on these things...Selah

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks