Saturday, September 5

#14 Have we ever met?


courtesy: Charlotte Na
Have I looked you in the eyes before?
You seem familiar.
Like a memory
I never quite processed
Like a life
that I could possibly live
Like a story
that remained floating
through time
its pages scattered
incomplete before my eyes.
That smile
is knowing
its laughter is hidden deep in my dreams
wisping through sleep and wake
whispers reminders in my ear
Of vague,
but vivid scenes…
Déjà vu ignited
and it may all be a lie
it bothers me that I can’t confirm it
but either way you
have an authenticity
that I could never deny.

Have I looked you in the eyes before?
If I never told you
it was quite my pleasure
your tenacity reminded me
of what I felt
when I saw a piano
for the first time
at age five and a quarter
I knew you were my forever
never thought
that pupils
could ever be shackles
that limited my movement
but I was stuck
to the tiles
rendered helpless
your allure
overwhelming.

We’ve never
quite fully greeted each other
yet it seems
I reintroduce myself
every time
to this nostalgia
of what I’ve lived
through you but not really…
I don’t usually chase
but for you …I just might
Maybe I’ve already started
you’ve become
a certainty,
a source of my inner light
You are the
“not just yet’s”
that I’ve begun to need
You’ve defined how
uncanny it is when life
comes full circle
in a way you’d never believe
That smile though…
.Shining.
Not one I could forget
So tell me
Come on now…
really
Have we ever met?

#SELAHSATURDAYS

 My Inspiration: Dreams Personified
 





© KohylahPiper 2015



No comments :

Post a Comment

Join me on twitter...

Think on these things...Selah

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks